1 Year Driving History Maine
In order to comply with the requirements of Uber's commercial insurance policy that covers you and your passengers, Uber Partners must prove one year of driving history before they can hit the road (3 years if under age 23).
Follow these instructions if prompted for additional proof - it only takes 5 minutes!
PLEASE FOLLOW 1, 2 or 3 BELOW:
1. Provide a photocopy of your previous driver's license after entering all required information at: https://applicant.checkr.com.
- This license must show an Issue Date of at least one year prior to today’s date.
2. If you don't have a copy of your previous license, please follow these three steps:
- Complete the online form/request process here
- After you successfully complete the online form, your Driver Record will be released to you immediately. Please print/save this information, and then upload a copy of it to https://applicant.checkr.com
3. If a photocopy of your license or DMV record cannot be provided, please send your most recent state and driver's license number to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This cannot be the same as your current license.
STILL NEED HELP?
If you are unable to obtain the items above, reach out to your previous state's Department of Motor Vehicles and request a copy of your motorized vehicle record (MVR) showing at least one year of previous driving history. Once you have obtained a copy of your 10-year MVR, please visit https://applicant.checkr.com and follow the instructions.
No Extra Steps Necessary
Requires Proof of a Previous License
Janice's current driver's license was issued less than 1 year ago. Because of this, she may be required to provide additional information to prove she has at least 1 year of driving history.
Janice's current driver's license was issued more than 1 year ago, proving at least 1 year of driving history.
How to prove driving history in Maine
Do you still have your previous driver's license (or a photocopy)?
Yes. Great! All you have to do is submit a clear photo of your previous driver's license to our third-party background check provider, Checkr, at https://applicant.checkr.com.
No. No worries! All it takes is two simple steps to complete the process:
- You can request copy of your driving history from the Maine DMV online by visiting http://www.maine.gov/bmv/drc/.
- Once you receive a copy of your driving history from the DMV, all you have to do is submit a clear photo or scan of the letter at https://applicant.checkr.com/
Still Need Help?
If you are unable to obtain the items above online, you may need to visit your local Department of Motor Vehicles in person. To find your local DMV, please visit http://www.maine.gov/sos/bmv/locations/index.html.
Once you obtain either a copy of your previous driver's license or your state-issued MVR report showing at least 1-year of driving history, please visit https://applicant.checkr.com.
And our support experts are always here to help! They can be reached 24/7 by visiting help.uber.com.